Wednesday, March 12, 2014

But, This is Who I Am

The all-pervasive question we, as humans, have asked ourselves for centuries is “Who am I?” 

How do I define myself? What makes me who I am?

I AM statements are hard to change. It isn’t easy to let go of a tenaciously held belief about oneself, even something that may be unpleasant or detrimental.

It has taken years to get a handle on who we believe ourselves to be, and the I AM statement feels solid, safe and sure --at the very least, familiar.

Asking me to change who I am, who I have always been, can feel frightening and resistance is often the first response.

But, when I open to the possibility of changing my life, by changing my mind, I realize that I can be right about something else. I can affirm health rather than sickness, abundance instead of lack. I can stop negative self-talk and declare that I am whole, perfect and complete. And, by so doing, move my attitude, my experience, and even my reality, from one truth to another.

How empowering it is to fully-grasp that what I hold and affirm as truth, manifests in my life. This means that I need not remain buffeted about by situations or stay a victim of circumstance. And even when I do, there is no fault or blame. There is simply the gentle, ever-present question. “Is this what you want to be right about, Sylvia? It is your choice.”

...to be continued.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment