Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Driven

As human beings --whether we want to admit it or not-- we are driven to be RIGHT. The statement, "that's just the way I am!" provides a rationale for behaving and remaining a particular way.

I may hate, never being on time, but as long as I affirm "I am always late!" I will continue being right about it.

"See? Late again!"

Whether I realize it or not, I am practicing affirmations every day. What I hold as true, speak as my reality, becomes my daily affirmation, by default. And, what I affirm as truth becomes the reality of, not only my attitude about life, but also the reality of the outer life I create.

It is, I believe, the Universal law, we all get to be right, in action.

Earnest Holmes put it this way: "…any idea held steadily in Mind is bound to reproduce itself in the outer life."

So what do I want to be right about? The answer to that question becomes what I affirm as my new truth. "I arrive at my appointments in a timely manner." And, since we all get to be right, this becomes my new reality.

I once owned a leather fanny pack that had several zippers. Invariably, I failed to zip it closed and things would fall out --money, credit cards, important stuff like that. Every time this happened, I stated what I believed to be true, "Jeez, I never remember to zip my butt pack!!"

Clearly, this wasn't what I wanted the truth to be, so I changed the statement to: "I always zip my bag shut" and was surprised that this new truth, very quickly, became my reality. Even when I did forget to zip, instead of any reprimand, I simply pulled the zipper closed, while saying, "I always zip my bag shut!" and by so doing, changed the truth of my experience.

Don't take my word for it. Try it for yourself.  :-)

...to be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment