Wednesday, January 22, 2014

In the Present


There are those who have the aspiration      and the ability
to be               and stay             in the present.
I, on the other hand, am not yet so enlightened.
I cannot live only in the isolated moment
where current actions have no accountability to the future
and spoken intention is a Spiritual anathema.

I remain       in the unenlightened place        where my current feelings
and actions are still based on, influenced by, the LOVE that
moves from that past place of inception,
through the many stages of awareness, growth and change
into the present (where I do try to live)
and on through into the future…

The love that I experience for my child, my wife,
for all those I value and hold dear--
my love of the sunshine rushing in my window as I write this,
for digging in the dirt of the garden, for creative expression,
for the sea, for this planet, for Justice and Peace and so much more…
This    LOVE   that I feel    is    the only   thing I KNOW     about the future.

And though I cannot say how it will manifest beyond this moment
I simply know that it does         and will          exist there.

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment