Wednesday, December 4, 2013

In the Midst of It


The truth is, I don't feel the need to generate MORE; whether it be more peace or joy, more love or money, more connection or spiritual quiet. I find myself overwhelmed (in a good way) by the experience of ENOUGH and though I love learning and growing and expect to do so till the day I die, right here and now, I acknowledge the joy I feel, the contentment, the abundance of my life, without the need to focus on the doing, experiencing, practicing required for my life to be MORE. 

And, admitting the joy that I feel, in the midst of so much worldwide and next-door suffering, feels wrong, somehow. My childhood voices chorus, "pride goes before a fall" you know. Claiming pervasive happiness does seem to fly in the face of the spiritual thought that, life-is-suffering and Christ-like, to boot.

For a moment, I feel bad.

Still, I choose to embrace being whole, perfect and complete, without feeling ashamed of owning that I love my life—just the way it is and just the way it is not-- knowing that my happiness does not result from my external situation, as much as it depends upon the experience that I choose to create, in the midst of it.
*  *  * 
Would love to hear your stories of Joy and Contentment and Light as we head into the nighttime of the year.

May the Joy of the Season light the fire that will burn brightly through the dark and quiet days of winter.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment